Green Economics: A Series of Community Gatherings on the Ongoing Economic Crisis
We will host a series of community discussions, each one preceded by an informative meeting, on the causes of the economic crisis and a variety of proposals to deal with it. The 12-part series will occur on a variety of days
(both weeknights and weekend days) over a period of 9 weeks from approximately mid-February to late April. The topics will flow logically from one session to the next to create a comprehensive series, but each session will also stand alone so you can participate in those that suit your schedule.
This Green Economics series will include films, speakers, panels, and a great many sources of information that you can read to prepare for the discussions. These information sources will include websites and a variety of articles that will be posted on this website before the series begins.
Click for a SCHEDULE OF EVENTS connected to each topic.
Click to bring up background readings for each topic:
- Topic One: The mania for endless “growth” vs. our world of limited resources
- Topic Two: The economic woes of ordinary citizens
- Topic Three: Wall Street Casino running amok
- Topic Four: Reforming the current system
- Topic Five: Creating a sustainable society – including local, existing, and creative alternatives
- Topic Six: Where Do We Go from Here? Organizing around anything we’ve discussed during this series
more information: Green Party of South Puget Sound